When do you normally lose your mucus plug?

& how do you know?

ahsweetness

Asked by ahsweetness at 10:10 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• This is the thing about that, there is not one anwser( It starts labor for most women). Some women lose it and need to be induced some women lose it and start labor pain right away. I never lost mine I was having pretty good braxton hicks contractions and had a tiny bit if blood and was excited to think that it was my mucus plug, but no when you lose it you know it's a lot of mucus w a little blood and generally when your pregnant there isn't much discharge bc you do not ovulate so you will notice it.
    Kelly2573

Answer by Kelly2573 at 10:18 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Mine was gone at 34 weeks this time, but I only know that because I had some pre-term labor. I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• It is different for everyone. Some never see it, some loose it slowly for some time(it can regenerate itself), some will loss it and go into labor. With my firt two never say it at all. With this one I had a bit this last week I am 36 weeks.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• You can lose your mucus plug at ANY time during your pregnancy. It can regenerate itself over and over again until your baby is ready to come out.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• In the 3rd trimester.

You might not notice.
    It tends to look like a giant snot loogy~
    And it can regenerate so you might see it again & again.
    Pieces can come out over days-weeks-months.
    Or the whole glob could come out with baby's head...

doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:11 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• seriously?? i am 32 weeks and have been on bedrest due to preterm labor since 21 weeks... i had a yeast infection and took the medicine beginning of last week. i have had lots of snotty looking stuff in my panties and when i wipe for a few days now.. i thought it was just the yeast infection not gone yet (even though it said it would be gone or going away in 24 hours and gone within a few days.. its been almost a week now (or more)... should i be concerned that this is my mucous plug?????
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 16, 2010