Doesn't it bug you...

When you're at a furniture store and the salesperson follows you around? Every single time we try to go look at stuff they have to bother us and try to push a sale! We keep saying "we're not buying today,we're just looking" but they won't leave us alone! OMG! Get a clue people! We not going to buy something just because you bug us!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It drives me bonkers. I usually just let them know that we need to look on our own and we will let you know if there is anything that we want to look at.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:37 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• It does and I usually end up saying, "due to your pushiness, I will not be buying from this store." and leave.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:18 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yes, VERY annoying! Have you also noticed when you really do need help no one is ever around? lol

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:18 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yeah, it makes me mad when they do that. And it's not just furniture salesmen that bother me. I used to work in the Outlet Mall, and I'd go to the other stores to shop because I'd get a 10% mall employee discount. Those sales people were like vultures! I was like GO AWAY! I don't need help finding my size bra...and if I do, I'm capable of asking for help!
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 10:14 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yes it does, it's almost as bad as just going to look at a car lot.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 10:18 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• it drives me crazy in any selling/soliciting type situation. i hate when people come to my door trying to sell me something, and i say no and they try to keep pushing shit on me. one time, my husband let this vacuum seller lady in and she gave us a free 2-liter of root beer and said her presentation would only be 20 minutes, she was there for TWO HOURS. i was so upset i finally said "i'm trying to get dinner on the table and honestly, you're interuppting our family time". so yes, in any situation where people just push and push and push their product it bugs the hell out of me!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• If they follow me around I tell them that I can look on my own, if they don't listen I leave.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:24 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• We had that when we really were looking to buy - this one lady just wouldn't leave us alone! Finally she did, I have no idea where she disappeared to, but 5 minutes later we found something we loved, and couldn't find her back - DH circled the store 3 times, asked for her, etc, and she was nowhere to be found. Another guy helped us, wrote up the paperwork, took the down payment, etc, and on our way out the door lo&behold there she stood - and started whining about how we didn't let her help us - I told her flat out we looked and looked for her and no one knew where she was, she started bitching some more, I rolled my eyes and walked out. She was just miffed she didn't get her commission after hounding us. Wah wah. The guy that did help us has helped us in that store before - we were glad to have him help us again!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I agree! That's the most annoying thing ever! When they are nice and leave me alone, I'll go to them before I leave to get their card. If I come back, I purchase from them. I believe in rewarding good behavior!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 4:54 PM on Oct. 16, 2010