Is anyone else having severe allergies right now?

I thought mine would be easing up after the severe allergies I had all summer. I am now thinking the indoor allergies are getting me so I am a cleaning nut right now! Anyone else still severe? What do you think about it???

.science.mom.

Asked by .science.mom. at 10:26 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Health

• 2 of my boys are suffering. One has almost asthma attacks if he is outside to long. I'm doing my best to keep everyone clean before bed, dusting everything, cleaning beds, moving everything and vacuuming. Changing clothes and keeping them out of their rooms. I'm trying to keep everyone hydrated and I make them wash their face and hands a lot. I have tissue boxes in every room. I'm thinking it makes me really tired.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:55 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yes! I feel miserable. Mine are always terrible around late summer and fall, because the ragweed is really high in our area. It usually doesn't ease up until the first frost, and we've been having a very warm fall so far. I have some other allergens that bother me too, but ragweed is the worst for me.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• YES!!!! Ragweed is horrible right now and won't go away until a real long frost happens.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Not severe, but bad enough! We're in the middle of harvest, live in a very rural area, so the air is just thick with corn dust, bean dust, and all kinds of other allergen stuff - you can literally SEE everything. It sucks! Claritin just isn't doing it for us either this time - DH is the worst off, but he's out in the combine & stuff all day suffering - the kids & I have been staying inside as much as possible. Once harvest is done and we have a freeze we should be better off!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Not severe just annoying.Pollen.com is a good site to check out so you know what allergens are in the air.Feel Better ;)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:29 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I feel miserable right now in fact the dr told me I had better get on something fast since they are harvesting all around me
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• i cant be sure but i think im having allergy issues too. i never had allergies before so im not 100% sure. but mostly in the morning and in the evening my eye will start to itch like crazy. and then ill start sneezing profusely, for like a good half hour im sneezing like 3 times in a row. ive tried using visine allergy eye drops and it only helps reduce redness, it does not help the itching. and then, all of a sudden, it just stops! no idea what's going on with me but im chalking it up to some kind of allergy!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:12 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Ours were bad last week, but was because the golden rod pollen count was way high. We were all dopey headed on Benadryll for the week, not too much fun.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:19 AM on Oct. 16, 2010