• In the Spotlight:

My 2yr old seems to have developed small skin colored bumps on his knees,they are itchy and have a bubbly like appearence,they are small though but on both knees?????any ideas anyone?

He has a itchy rash on both knees, no redness at all. just clusters of bumps that have a bubble like appearence. While he also has small pimple like bumps on back of calves and forearms, they do not irritate him at all and he has had those for quite some time...but the knee rash just started and hes scratching.....any ideas??????

baybedoll73

Asked by baybedoll73 at 11:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son gets the ssame thing and no one seems to know what they are. My DS's are on his wrists, knuckles, ankles and toe knuckles. We just use Tea tree oil on them and it helps them to go away. I think they are related to dry skin because he doesn't get them in the summer, just when the weather gets cold and our skin seems drier. Hope this helps.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Take him to your doctor and ask about molluscum contagiosum. They are easily treated with zantac or something similar.
    jvluna

Answer by jvluna at 11:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2008