If your boyfriends best friend is a girl how would you handle it?

need to know for a friend of mine whose boyfriends spends time with a women thats been his friend for ten yrs and has told my bf that she will always be in his life. An he has not made it possible for the 2 women to meet yet and they've been together for 2 mos.

firewife1

Asked by firewife1 at 10:39 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• If we were just dating, as long as they weren't doing anything inappropriate, I'd leave it alone. He's your boyfriend, not your husband and demanding he end his friendship may just end your relationship.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• You treat that with kit gloves, don't stand in the way of the friendship but be very aware that friendship is the gateway to love.

Answer by older at 10:45 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I have a guy friend as a best friend and my husband is okay with it. He wasn't at first, I mean who would be? It's kind of awkward, but after spending time with him and all of us hanging out he realizes there's nothing to be worried or threatened about. There really is no chance in hell, even if it froze over, that we'd ever "hook up". There are just so many reasons why it would never happen. And he has a woman as a close friend and I do not feel threatened or jealous. That is just how it is. And just because we are married, doesn't mean i'm going to stop him from having friends of the opposite sex.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 10:45 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• maybe they havent been introduced because he knows his gf is the jealous type? Or maybe there just hasnt been a free moment? SO doesnt really have any female BFF', but very good female friends. I have met them and they are very nice.The relationship between them has always been platonic and they are either married or in serious relationships, so I dont have anything to be jealous about. There was one chick in SO's life I wasnt too secure about because they had a "F buddy" past and she looks like a slutty chick from Poison videos lol. But they moved on with their lives once I got pregnant, so things are all good now.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:48 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• If they've been together for two months and he hasn't introduced her to his friends, she is not his girlfriend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• i dont know about anyone else but my best friend is my man i had friends that were guys and he had friends that were girls and the moment we started to trust each other we started to let them go my SO knows me better then i know my self and he knows my deepest darkest secret and none of my male friends know half the shit i told my man as for haven friends of the opposite sex i think its cool but if the person you in love with u can trust him or her to be your best friend someone you can tell anything to and count on i think u need to check your relationship
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I would not be happy but then again I don't believe men and women can ever really just be friends. Every time I've ever seen a man and woman claim to be, they ended up in bed together eventually. In your friend's case, the fact that he has been with her for two months and won't introduce her to his female "friend", that does not look good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• They've been friends for a decade. She should leave it be unless he starts exhibiting signs of cheating. If the signs are there, they should sit down and talk about it.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:49 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Dating 2 months? Your friend really has no right to dictate who her boyfriend is friends with at all. She needs to recognize that if she gets more serious with this guy that his girl friend will remain in the picture. She needs to deal with it or walk away.

I happened to marry a guy who does not have female friends - that is what I am comfortable with. I would not be ok with a husband who needed female friends.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I honestly don't think it would be my place to tell my husband he can no longer be friends with someone he's been friends with for a long time. Yeah, it would be akward that it's the opposite sex, but really it's not like friends are that easy to find and when you find someone you can have a casual relationship with without any sex involved, why would you want to stop? Friends are important to have regardless of sex, race or background.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2010