Have you ever meet a man or woman off line or phone chat? What site?

lovelypisces

Asked by lovelypisces at 10:50 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• yes. I met someone on hippyland chat LOL. We were both 16 at the time. We kept in touch, and met in person at my dads house when we were about 19 or 20. We started a long distance relationship, moved in together when we were maybe 22, got engaged at 24, broke up a year later. I have met many people in person from chatrooms. One in particular I still keep in touch with and we hung out a million times because we lived close to each other. He is very dear to me. But would I let my child be as naive as I was? NEVER
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:53 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I met my husband online on a site called Hotornot.com He bought me a plane ticket after talking a lot online and we met face to face.
    I also have a friend I met in an online game that I have had phone conversations with for years and I'll be meeting him face to face next summer :)
    You just have to be really careful that you know who you're going to be meeting. Thats why webcams are so great...you can tell if its some creepy old wrinkly guy or not :P
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:54 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I met my ex-boyfriend on www.321teenchat.com when I was about 14 and he was 16. We met in person when I was 16 and we dated until I turned 17. I met my husband on www.facethejury.com. We met in person at my high school graduation when I was 17 and he was 26. I am now 21 and he is 30 and we are happily married with one daughter. :) I made sure my parents were there every time I met someone in person. I don't know if I will be as lenient with my daughter when she gets older though because the internet is getting scarier and scarier.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I met my now dh online through Yahoo chat. In a Christian chat room. I was very careful. I was only 16 and he was nearly 23. We had to stop talking after just 4 months because at the time there was so much talk of internet predators and my parents wouldn't trust me enough. We told each other we'd wait until I was 18 and then reconnect on my b-day online. We reconnect online and he moved several states away a few short months later and we were married within 7 weeks. Do I suggest this to others? no. Do I want my own kids doing this? no. We were the exception online. We've been married nearly a decade. I never feared him though because I prayed to God to send me the right person and when I met him online, it was confirmed to me that he was "The One". God was the best juge of character ;-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I met both my ex boyfriends online and my husband has well. One of those exs we were together for 4 years. Hubby and I have been together almost 4 years
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Hubby and I met on plentyoffish (neither of us had enough faith in those sites to use one of the pay ones LOL). We saw each other on one night, chatted most of that night, met in person the next night and have been together ever since and that was almost 4 years ago
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 8:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2010