Does your husband throw his dirty clothes in the hamper that's in the bathroom?

Or does he just throw 'em on the floor in front of the hamper like mine? The hamper is like a disease to my husband or something..seriously stuff is always thrown in front of the hamper..not IN. lmbo.

SparklingHope

Asked by SparklingHope at 11:23 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband won't put his dirty clothes into any of the hampers. For 6 years, I've been nagging him about it, but it doesn't help.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• We don't have a hamper in any of the rooms. We toss them down what should be the laundry chute but it's really a trap door in the closet that is right above the laundry room. We even have a basket strategically placed. But to answer your question, he somehow manages to miss the basket.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:25 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I have two hampers. One for darks and other one lights. He puts dirty clothes in their proper place. =]
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• he is like yours. lol he thinks the hamper has a disease. they are usually right in front of it, but never in it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• We only have a hamper that sits on top of the dryer with dirty clothes in it. And about half the time no, he doesn't put his clothes in it. Same thing when he bathes the kids, he leaves the clothes on the bathroom floor. Clutter and mess just doesn't bother men as much I guess. Except my dad, he is more organized than my mom. I don't nag dh anymore. I just put the clothes away myself or if Im super busy I'll ask him nicely to put the clothes away. I've been married 8 years and learned after awhile that nagging only spurs dh to argue, then we waste time on that and he doesn't change anyways. He's a grown adult and knows what he's supposed to do. If he isn't going to do it thn I can't do much about it. Just learn to accept it and "love" the irritating things they do. Learn to laugh about it, seriously because it will help your marriage and your sanity. Things like that aren't worh arguing over. Life is very short.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:34 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• We don't have a hamper, but a laundry basket which stays in the closet. Neither of us use it unless we're doing laundry. The dirty clothes surround the basket in the closet, lol.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• mine does the same thing!!! WTH???
    haha but when I told him that I thought that was crazy he stopped doing it (yeah! I love him!!!)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:46 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Oh, no, mine actually throws them behind the door... The door all the way on the other side of the room... He doesn't even attempt to hit the hamper! Drives me insane!

I told him the other day, from now on, if it's not in the hamper, it doesn't go in the wash!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:50 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I have 3 baskets that fit into my bathroom closet...one for whites, one for darks, one for towels....I wish he would at least get them in front of the baskets....Usually I hunt his clothes down in the bedroom, and try to determine what's clean and what's dirty.....he was a little put out last week because he had no clean pants one day, but I finally said "They weren't in the basket when I did the darks, so I didn't no you needed any!! He just grunted, and left it all on the chair by his nightstand!!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:51 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Some how my DD and my SO both seem to miss the laundry basket. It is in plain sight right outside of our bathroom. My DD will just find a basket and toss her laundry in even if the basket she found is clean and folded already. LOL
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:58 AM on Oct. 16, 2010