Where did you get a majority of your maternity clothes?

SkylaDarling

Asked by SkylaDarling at 11:32 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Mostly Target and Old Navy. I also got a few things from Motherhood Maternity--their secret fit belly jeans were the only ones that would stay up for me.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My mother made most of mine.

Answer by older at 11:34 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I had a lot from Motherhood Maternity and then I realized that their clothes shrink way fast and they don't do returns or anything so that store is a no-go for me. I didn't have a lot of $ with my first baby, so my mom bought me everything. The rest of the clothes came from Gap Maternity and JCPenney's. With my second baby, I was sitting better with $ and bought all my clothes. I had to get more because 1st baby was winter and 2nd was spring. I bought everything at JCPenny's. They had the most seection and best style and quality for the $. After I had my 2nd Belk started carrying maternity that looked very cute. I plan on hitting them up next along with JCPenny's for baby #3 next year!!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:42 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I also know a coworker of dh's that had pretty maternity outfitt on everyday that cost little and came from Marshall's.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:44 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• hand me downs from my sister in law and one of my best friends...
    I did buy a few things at Khols and Burlington Coat Factory too (super great deals!!!)
    I agree that the clothes from Mohterhood Maternity aren't very good quality- they fall apart too fast
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:45 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• All of mine came from Motherhood Maternity, Old Navy, and Target. Maternity pants don't fit me well, so I also bought several pairs of yoga pants from Alloy (I have to get them there because I have a 35" inseam).
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• ross, goodwill and a lot of it was passed down from friends
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:51 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My mom made some, I made some; but most I bought on clearance from ALL of the maternity shops in my area. Conception was not easy for me the first time, so I had a long time to prepare. By the time I was actually pregnant (and it stuck) I had a full maternity wardrobe, and I had memorized the 'Pregnant and Fit' video workout. I can still see myself in front of the TV, with my latest maternity outfit hanging on me, as I went through the pregnancy workout sobbing tears of joy. My husband thought it was 'cute and silly'. But I feel myself tearing up at the memory of that precious time.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 11:53 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Motherhood Maternity, hand me downs, yard sales and free cycle as well as just oversized shirts and larger elastic waisted shorts--summer baby.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:54 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Old Navy, primarily.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2010