I found a lump on my daughters upper arm

We went to her ped. who sent us to a surgeon who is going to remove in in a couple weeks. I am completely freaking out. Both drs. say that its probably nothing to be concerned about but to be certain it will be sent off for biopsy. It doesn't hurt her and she doesn't seem bothered in the least and not I or either dr. found any other lumps. The surgeon said that kids sometimes get these "hard, fatty deposits". Has anyone else experienced anything like this. Its about the sized of a half of a peanut on the upper outside of her arm.

Luckiestmom118

Asked by Luckiestmom118 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• WE don't get them, but my friend's DH has them all over his arms. His docs are regularly taking one out and testing it and it is just fatty tissue. Prayed for daughter. hope all goes okay.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Thank you! You just brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for your prayers.
    Luckiestmom118

Answer by Luckiestmom118 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My son doesn't get them, but I've had them when I was younger, I think I may even have one on my arm still. They don't hurt and I've never had them removed. They have actually gone away on there own. I had x-rays, sonograms, and biopsys on them and since they weren't a threat my mother chose not to have them removed. So I don't know but I'm not sure you have to get them removed, look into other options. Just my experiance.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My sister had one on her wrist. It slowly started getting bigger and bigger, but it never bothered her. They had it checked out and it was a cyst so they removed it..it was fine...it came back a little bit a few months later so they removed it again and she has never had any other problems with it. Im sure its nothing to worry about. She will most definatly be in my thoughts and prayers though.
    EmilyRoseLovett

Answer by EmilyRoseLovett at 3:53 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Neither of my kids have gotten them, but I have had them in my arm pit and My best friend gets them on the back of her neck. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's just a fatty deposit or cyst.
    norbert

Answer by norbert at 9:49 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My daughter got a lump where she had her shots. Doc said it had to do with scarring on the muscle and that it'd be fine. It's under the skin and hardly noticable anymore.

Don't worry, if it where serious the docs would have warned you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Oct. 28, 2008