I know this a blog.....

but , this spoke to me, and it said how right you are, give me your thoughts, and please be nice.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/12/my-take-people-of-faith-must-preach-love-in-the-face-of-lgbt-hate/?iref=allsearch

Asked by older at 11:45 AM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Religious Debate

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I love this. That last part got to me "I am a gay man, and I am alive today because of you". I could cry. That's so moving. And I'm glad to see fellow Christians moving in the right direction. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Before Rebecca Voelkel even spoke about homosexuals, her actions reveal she is not a credible disciple of Jesus.  The Bible clearly states that although women can and do play very important roles within the church community, God clearly commands a woman cannot be ordained a minister.  Already displeasing in God's eyes, she is encouraging others to join her.  (continued...)

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 10:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• (continued...)  The OT and NT repeatedly condemns homosexual acts, not the homosexual person.  It is very, very terrible for a "Christian" to chant, "you're a sinner and you're going to hell!" but is is equally terrible for a "Christian" to chant, "God loves it when you engage in same-sex activity!"  Neither one are doing any favors for that individual so confused by our over-sexed, pagan-influenced culture.  Neither one are doing any good for that individuals soul.  Neither one are expressing true brotherly love, true self-sacrificial love that Jesus commands.  (continued...)

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 10:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• (continued...) NARTH and Courage both realize that "homosexuality" is not a fate, and is not a label to which a person must adhere. We cannot force a person to seek counseling and a chaste life for the sake of their soul, we cannot unjustly discriminate those who seek to stain their soul with sins that cry out to heaven, but neither can we participate in their sin by either approval or our silence. This is true brotherly love, true Christian charity.

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 10:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I am sorry my clicky thingy never works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by older (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Older, I think you need to post the link in the replies--I don't think you can link anything in the original question.
    jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 12:06 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Here. See if this works.  If not, maybe this will:  http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/12/my-take-people-of-faith-must-preach-love-in-the-face-of-lgbt-hate/?iref=allsearch

Yep.  That's the problem.  Older, when you want to paste a link, go to the "full editor" option.  The "plain-text" won't put it as a link.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 12:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• jsbenkert, thank you, I do exactly what you say and it still doen't work!!!

Comment by older (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Well, keep trying. You'll figure it out (I did!).

The blog was wonderful, the comments on it highly entertaining.  Did you see the one by some guy named "Frank" who is so uptight that he can't even bring himself to use proper letters to spell words like "homosexuality" and "heterosexuality"?  He has to use numbers and symbols, instead.  Yeah--I'll take his opinion seriously. *eye roll*

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 12:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Please don't make me "work" for the question. If I wanted to work I'd be cleaning my house right now.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2010