I need help with cervical position please

How do u feel if your cervix is closed or open and hard or soft? You can definetely get more detailed because I wanna know everything. Please =-)

nikincarlos

Asked by nikincarlos at 11:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i never knew lol didnt feel a thing and even now im sure it is closeed cause i 14 weeks but i feel the same as usual ..
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I don't think you can feel it at all. I never did. A few hours after starting labor I was 5 cm dialated and 90% effaced and didn't feel any different.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 11:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Usually you cannot feel it. If you are "getting close" then you may feel a heaviness in your pelvic area, but thats just the baby moving downward. If you think you can feel something strange check with your Dr. Now, if you mean to actualy feel it with your fingers then I will tell you what I can remember of what my Dr said. She said that your cervix is like the tip of your nose and feels like a crease across the middle of the tip. When you are close to full term the tip gets softer and thins out and will feel smaller. When you dialate the crease opens up and that "hole" is what they measure to determine how much you are dialated.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:29 AM on Oct. 28, 2008