Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

My oldest, Alex is depressed what should I do??

Answer Question

Asked by soccermom681026 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Kids' Health

Level 2 (12 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • Take Alex to the Dr and talk to your Dr about what you should do.

    Answer by Raeann11 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

  • I don't know how old Alex is but I would talk to his pediatrician and school counselor. It's a start maybe if you attended therapy together it would help.


    Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

  • Depends on why she is depressed? How long she has been depressed? Is she still on your health Insurance? if she is bring her to the doctor if it has been going on for a while.. Or just talk to her. See what is up with her.

    Answer by louise2 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

  • ♥Deff take him/her to the family doctor's office..let them know how you have veiwed him lately..let them be aware of anything he/her have done lately..tell them your thoughts and your worries and let them talk with the child and see how he/she explains their feelings..then make the choice if maybe medicines are a option for you guys to maybe help..(alot of parents do not approve of them thow) and try getting into some counciling maybe together or just for him/ of luck to you both..i hope everything works out for you guys!! ♥

    Answer by gracelessstar21 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

  • Start with the school counselor, the to a licensed counselor to help her. Depression is nothing to fool around with.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

  • How old is he? My Alex (also my oldest) has an anxiety disorder, he's 4, we are having him see a psychologist in home through Early Intervention. Depending on his age he may need to see a regular therapist.

    Visit Amazon as well, I highly recommend the Depression and Overcoming Depression for Dummies Books... There are also great books for children and teens as well which can help...

    Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:08 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

  • go to a counselor

    Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

  • not sure how old your son is but he may need to see a child psychiatrist good luck to you.

    Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:19 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

  • Talk to him, find out why he's depressed, and then fix it. OR pay a counselor to do it for you.

    Answer by Pnukey at 10:18 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.