What are the best reading toys for a preschooler?

Are any of them actually affordable?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 12:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Anything LeapFrog is wonderful!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• books...truly...read 3 plus books a day from the day your child is born they will read by K.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• i read to my DS when he slept as well. Even if you think they aren't paying attention they are. Although annoying at times we kept it up. My DS, 2 1/2, now sits in his bed and reads for 45 min before bed and falls asleep with one on his face...lol All stories are good but books that are at her level are important because she can look at the pictures and make connections. You can talk about what she sees in the pictures. What colors they are wearing, if they are animals the sounds they make etc. I was a 1st Gr Teacher and these are all things that are taught in the concepts about print in K.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• books. There are lots of different kinds. My DD loves the ones with pop ups or games in them.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• i loved leap frog ...
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• i love leap frog products, but i agree there is no substitute for actually reading to ur kid
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 12:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• my girls love the story books that you put in and the machine reads them the story. The new one out called tag is good.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I'm a huge fan of vtech toys.
    ~*~Holli~*~
    MsWood729

Answer by MsWood729 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

---
    She was unable to focus then. She slept nearly all day as a newborn. She loves bed time stories now (though we're not reading "typical" bed time stories. I'm reading Celia Rees to her and my husband is reading Clive Barker.)
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Have you thought about the Tag or Tag Jr.?? My dd has the Tag. I think she likes to be able to "read" by herself sometimes. Makes her feel grown up! lol
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 3:01 AM on Oct. 17, 2010