did anyone watch Oprah on the 15th

It was about women that served our cuntry. When they got out. they had no place to live and some lost their children.

HomeAlone45

Asked by HomeAlone45 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• OP---Did you spell "Country" wrong, because my profanity filter has the word "blocked!" LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• LOL, Lori!!!!!!
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• no not yet, I have it taped.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I cannot stand Oprah.. haven't watched her in a while... As far as Homeless Vets.. They come in all ages, sexes, ethnicity, etc.... Its a shame. There ARE programs out there to help vets adjust and find their way in the civilian world. Military One Source has wonderful programs that help AD/VETs/and their families... Question about the show~ Did the guests contribute/participate in the GI Bill program?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Nope, but like grlygriz2 said - there are programs. any vet that is homeless or is having adjustment problems has let themselves down and it is a shame that some of them slip through the cracks. the VA has some great programs to help. You need to make a choice to help yourself and not expect for it to be given to you.
    NHGal

Answer by NHGal at 1:11 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I did. It made me mad. The first lady that was living in her car, she was dressed better than me and i have job and a home!!! I understand why she gave up her room. but i feel as though there has to be some kind of programs to help her? Even the lady who works for veteran affairs said that there are programs out there to help her. She annoyed me.
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 1:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2010