What do you think about this?

"Beliefs are dangerous.
Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
A non-functioning mind is clinically dead.
Believe in nothing."

BubbaLuva

Asked by BubbaLuva at 12:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Religious Debate

• People dangerous but beliefs can be 2
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 4:47 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I think its a bunch of crap. Just someone's narrow minded opinion. Its ironic too because whoever said that DOES believe-they believe in what they are saying.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I disagree..
    Belief has nothing to do with the mind but the heart and the spirit.
    Just because some of us belief strongly in some things doesnt mean we have a dead mind.. we actually USE our minds ! God did not create the mind to be dead but He did say to renew the mind to be more like His.

I find it ironic that Christians are often declared narrow minded... Makes me laugh because its so false. Christians are often more OPEN minded if the spiritual things in the Word of God, the Heavenly things and so forth. It only looks narrow minded to those that do not believe. I would never ever call anyone narrow minded. But I will say that many are blinded to the things of God especially His Love and Grace.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I don't agree with any of it.

Answer by older at 12:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• i think it is hogwash. everyone believes in something..just different from what i believe in.
    the only part of that statement that is true is the third line: a non-functioning mind is clinically dead. any 1st year med student can tell you that.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I completely disagree. EVERYONE has beliefs, whether they believe in God / religion or not. Believing that there is NO God is still a belief.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• We all believe in something, at least that is what non believers keep saying. Maybe we are all clinically dead and it's a moot point.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• People are dangerous, not beliefs.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 1:11 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I don't agree. However, I feel that BLIND belief is dangerous. Most beliefs will alter with knowledge and understanding, which doesn't stop the mind from working or functioning, if anything it encourages it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I may be an atheist, but I most certainly do have beliefs. And I don't find them to be limiting at all. In fact I find them to be open minded for the most part and allows for learning on a consistent basis. I've learned a WHOLE lot more since becoming an atheist and opening myself up to learning about others.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2010