Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

what happens if am crossing to mexico in my pickup but i don't have papers

Answer Question

Asked by tony93 at 12:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Travel

Level 2 (7 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • You'd be crossing illegally?

    Answer by GinNTonic at 12:54 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

  • Legally you need a passport these days. Good luck getting back in the U.S. even if you make it into Mexico without one (which you probably will).

    Answer by Nanixh at 1:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

  • you have to have poassprt ect..all paperwork..or they will not let you threw i don't think..

    Answer by gracelessstar21 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

  • Well, you probably won't get across without a passport, or at least birth certificate. But if you do, it could be REALLY REALLY hard to get back across to the US without those documents. I would not do it!

    Answer by AprilDJC at 1:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

  • Chances are you'll make it into Mexico. Chances are you will have a hell of a time getting back into the United States.

    A few years back, my ex-MIL and I had to drive from Colorado to the Texas/Mexico border to pick up my ex-husband from the immigration office because they would not let him back into the US without it. He was lucky - it only cost about $400 to get him back into the US (but we had to bring all his paperwork and he had to verify his citizenship like 9 different ways).

    I wouldn't suggest trying it.

    Answer by WomanWitty at 2:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

  • You will be delayed at the border but for who knows how long.

    Answer by mhnj at 5:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

  • you need to get either a passport or one of those special licenses. you probably won't have any trouble but just to be on the safe side.

    Answer by BigfordBrat at 2:13 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

  • Don't chance it now,, too scary .

    Answer by Librarylady60 at 2:11 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

  • ok, i am not sure if you are talking about citizenship or registration for your vehicle. the car must be registered in your name and you must have there is a fee for traveling with certain vehicles.

    Answer by alejandra559 at 4:54 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

  • if you manage to get through Mexican Customs & Immigration, the drug cartels will steal your pickup and murder you. Mexico is as lawless as Afghanistan.

    Answer by janet116 at 3:16 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.