How can I leavemy live-in boyfriend for another guy?

I've been with my bf for a year and a half. We live together. He is the dominating type and is in complete control of our relationship bc he thinks I am a child(I'm almost 23)he is 34. He anted kids and marriage, but now he doesn't. I haven't even met his family. He doesn't do much for me except pay half rent and 50/month for groceries. He doesn't care about my needs when it comes to sex.

So I've just recently starting dating one of my friends i've had for about a year. He is 32, and wants kids and marriage, wants to take care of me, doesn't want me to work ect. He wants to seep me off my feet basically and he adores me. He actually pays attention to what I'm saying and how I feel.

Thing is I know my bf loves me but I know it isn't going to go anywhere or how I want it, and I've been thinking of breaking up with him for a while but he lives with me. My name on lease.
I just don't want to hurt feelings. no bashing plea

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• just do it, and get on with your life. you're serving no purpose by dragging a non-relationship out. he'll get over it, you'll be happier.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• is his name on the lease? if not...then tell him to get the hell out? what's the problem?
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 1:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Just tell him it's over. Agree to pay your portion of the rent that you'll owe until the end of your lease. I wouldn't stick around any longer than necessary.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 1:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yeah I'd just tell him its done.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Be honest with him
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• You're already hurting him. He just doesn't know it yet. Tell him it's over so he can move on.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Maybe she can't just do it bc she doesn't wanna have to live with him while one of them looks for a new place? Does the other guy know you have a bf? I agree, no need to let a non-relationship linger if your not going to stay in it

Jacqui410

Answer by Jacqui410 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Just tell him. I mean, you are cheating on him, yet you are worried about hurt feelings if you try to leave? Really? Just kick him out, and find a cheaper place. This is why I think living together before you are married isn't very smart.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• If u don't want to tell him ur done face to face write him a letter and tell him he has 30 days before you evict him
    lovelypisces

Answer by lovelypisces at 2:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Be honest with yourself and him... don't sacrifice your own happiness for someone you don't see a future with.. he will move on and find someone else.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2010