I need help soon

I bought my dog some Frontline at the vet today...i just bought one and they didn't give me the box...I don't know how to use it...Do I bathe her first????...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pets

• Yes i would bathe her first dry her off as much as possible and then put it like between her shoulder blades all the way down her spine
    LeighAnn0901

Answer by LeighAnn0901 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• No, she doesn't need to be bathed, unless you want her to be. You need to pull back the fur on the back of her neck and put it all directly on her skin. WE would do this when our kids were in bed so it could dry and the kids wouldn't wipe it off or get it on them while wet. Don't bathe her right after applying. You might be able to get directions via the internet, try a search.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 11:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Do not bathe her. The way frontline works is it uses the oil of her skin to transmit the meds all over her body. Do not bathe her for 2 days before or 2 days after. (I worked in an animal hospital for 10 years)
    KimandCarrie

Answer by KimandCarrie at 12:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• call the vet and get the exact directions
    seexxymama4u2me

Answer by seexxymama4u2me at 12:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I have always been told not to bathe them for a week after the application. We never bathed our dogs before applying it and it has worked wonderfully for us!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• No do not bathe her...........do not bathe for 24 hours prior or 72 hrs after you apply frontline.......you should give it time to soak into the skin.............gently with the tip of the applicator..........as close to the skin as possible...........slide the tube (open of course) from between the dogs shoulder blades to right even with its hips.........do not rub in or let them get wet.............reapply every month
    AngMont

Answer by AngMont at 3:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2008