if you have naturally straight hair but got permanent waves....

do the waves hold well? worth it? I'm considering getting them done because I love the look but rollers are so time consuming (I dont have an eelctric hair curler lol). my hair is shoulder length and thick

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 1:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• A perm will never look the same as roller curls. However, you can get it to look similar to someone natually curly hair.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• also, if your hair is thick and long, you will need to have some weight-reducing layers put into it, or the hair will pull down, and you'll be left will little to no wave. at best, your end result will have a 'similar' look to a natural wave, but not a curl. and you will have to be taught how to style it with the proper tools/products. you can't just wash-n-go permed hair.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I'd think thick hair would hold it better
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:54 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• A perm is never the answer. Never. Please reference the 80's if you don't believe me.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2010