Is there a natural remedy for red eye or conjunctivitis?

I'm too busy to go to the doctor. Just want to do something to relive the pain and itchiness.

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Health

• There are homeopathic remedies sold OTC that work. When DS was in preschool he and another girl at the school had it. I took him to the doctor, her mom got her the OTC drops. She was over it days sooner.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• It will generally clear itself after 10 days but it is sooo contagious, its kinda irrisponsible to be spreading it around to everyone you come in contact with instead of going to the dr and getting an abx.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• It depends what is causing the infection. Sometimes the infection is caused by a staph infection and requires antibiotics. Viral infections clear on their own
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• It started with a sty then just got redder and redder.
    janeq123

Comment by janeq123 (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I once used breastmilk. It cleared it up in less than a day! Now that my kids are past that stage, I would probably just go to a doctor.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My mom used to use it for me and now I do it for my girls. It is just warm salt water. use towel and wipe over eye or for safety reason use cotton balls and then just throw away.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Conjuctivitis is HIGHLY contagious, you need antibiotics and if left untreated can cause some major eye problems including blindness. True..info from my eye doctor/uncle.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2010