have u ever met anyone online in person?

how did it turn out?

HappyOLucky

Asked by HappyOLucky at 1:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I met my current SO on craigslist almost three years ago. We are very happy and very much in love. For me it worked out great. but it's not like that for everyone.
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 1:54 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• several. i ran match.com for about a year or so, and met several men. mostly local (at least no more than 1hr away). some turned out fine, and we dated for a while, a few we never said 'hello' again after the first meeting. some, i'm still friends with, even after a long-dating period, or just 'convenience'..(not anymore, of course, i'm married now!! lol!)
    in fact, the last guy i met on match.com was the one who turned into my dh..we've been together over 6years now.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Several, many I was friends with for years, and my husband and I met on craigslist and have been married now for a year and a half. At the same time everyone should proceed with caution when meeting anyone in person that they new online. Just like if you met someone at a bar the next step shouldn't be in private.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• one- a girl from the Cure forum. We happened to be in Las Vegas at the same time- so we met at the Excalibur and gambled and hung out for an hour or two then she was on her way to see a show

It was nice to meet her- we had fun
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Almost 13 yrs ago I used to talk to a group of new moms on the net. My first son was 8 months old so we took a road trip from Cali to WA and met one of the women. It was quite awkward actually. I haven't met anybody else since then.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yep, in my moms group.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 3:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yes, I met this guy and now we are very good friends. We have a lot in common and can talk straight and to the point about a lot of things without thinking it may be inappropriate. I know you are probably wonder then why we are not together....He has a live in girlfriend and I am not into causing problems with anyone's relationship. I give him the female aspects of things and he gives me the males
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I've meet a few. Most i'm still very good friends with. And one I'm now married to :o)
    Angelknot8

Answer by Angelknot8 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yes in 2006, off MS, and was raped wouldnt advise it.
    ShootingStar03

Answer by ShootingStar03 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• i met my hubby online we have been married for 2 and a half years , happy as can be , he is a good step dad for my boys and he is good to me ! I guess i lucked up
    tomcatsbabygirl

Answer by tomcatsbabygirl at 4:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2010