Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What happend when you file for custody?

I want to get full custody foe my daughter because her father isn't in her lif, but if he gets visitation do I have a say in whose around my daughter?

Answer Question

Asked by Serenity417 at 2:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

Level 2 (7 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • You don't really have much say in who he brings around your daughter unless they're known drug addicts or have a sexual offender history. i know in Virginia it's against the law to cohabitate with a member of the opposite sex when children are involved, and you can always go to court to keep that from happening. Look up the laws in your state. I've been going through the same issues for 2 1/2 years now, so if you have any questions or need help let me know and I'll do what I can.

    Answer by hkpl8 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

  • not really. unless he's doing something illegal wiht her, daddy's time is daddys time.

    Answer by princezzmommie at 11:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.