What happend when you file for custody?

I want to get full custody foe my daughter because her father isn't in her lif, but if he gets visitation do I have a say in whose around my daughter?

Serenity417

Asked by Serenity417 at 2:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• You don't really have much say in who he brings around your daughter unless they're known drug addicts or have a sexual offender history. i know in Virginia it's against the law to cohabitate with a member of the opposite sex when children are involved, and you can always go to court to keep that from happening. Look up the laws in your state. I've been going through the same issues for 2 1/2 years now, so if you have any questions or need help let me know and I'll do what I can.
    hkpl8

Answer by hkpl8 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• not really. unless he's doing something illegal wiht her, daddy's time is daddys time.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2008