Does any one have some simple tips as to how I can lose weight? I reached 210 and NEED that to go down. I dont really care if it takes me 6 months I justt want to lose some lol

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I joined the mommies who are serious about losing weight group. It's been a great support.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 11:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I wish I had a good answer for you. For more than 35 years I was always at around 110-125lbs. Now I have gained 90 or more lbs in less than six months and can't for the life of me get a single pound to budge. And I haven't had a baby for almost 15 years. Menopause sucks like nothing else....Try exercising everyday for at least an hour and eat low fat foods, high fiber and lots of vegetables and some fruit daily. NO fast food. That's the best I can tell you but it hasn't sadly worked for me at all. Good Luck!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• 1 1/2 yrs ago I weighed 218 - it took me a year to lose 50 lbs. I stuck to it really good for a year except on bdays and holidays I would treat myself. This is how I did it. I followed the WW point counting - and started the first six months by walking or using the eliptical machine for only 20-30 min and day 3-4 times a week. I added weight machines and crunches to my workout after that. My coworker did the same exact thing and she lost 70 lbs. We did it at the same time
    Now I have gained back 20, but it has been totally my fault and as soon as my daughters and my bdays pass this week I am going to go back on strict again until I get back down. I have been totally pigging out and usually if I splurged my extra excercise would balance it, but since the kids have been back to school I have not worked out. A lot is stress related but my clothes are all starting to get tight again - so it is time to do something about it.
    janie-o

Answer by janie-o at 12:08 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Check out www.settingcaptivesfree.com. I am doing a course through there that is helping me more than I can say!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:12 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• weight watchers is awesome. if you dont wnat to do that, you can get a food journal like the DietMinder. keep your caloric intake to about 1500 per day. add cardio exercise, at least 30 minutes 3X per week.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:23 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Eat as much fruit as you desire before each meal.

With your evening meal eat a LARGE green salad (plus that fruit) before you eat your main meal. This will fill you up with lots of nutritious food.

Fruits and greens provide all the nutrients you body needs, so filling up before will help you eat less of the other meal..but you will feel more satisfied.

Make sure you are eating less than what you are burning. You could use something like nutridiary.com to help you be aware of how many calories you are eating currently to see where you are going wrong.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 10:29 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Exercise is really important - make sure you pick somethign you enjoy and do some daily...whatever it is.

Get plenty of sunlight and fresh air.

Try to stay positive - any slips up..embrace them, acknowledge them and move on...dont let them make you feel crappy..its life..you are bound to slip up now and then.

Take your time and enjoy the process. This has to be a lifestyle change.

http://www.stripthatfatnow.com/Diets/WeightLossPrograms.html
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 10:30 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I have lost over 7lbs with a revolutionary weight loss, portion control product it helps cut your portions down which also cuts your calorie intake as well. It has No drugs No stimulants, and No side effects. If you would like to know more PM me
    MyO3WorldMomma

Answer by MyO3WorldMomma at 10:56 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Exercise & eat right. Whatever you do, commit to it even on days you feel tired, grumpy or sore. It gets easier & better each day.

Combine resistance & fat burning cardio. Consider your fitness level, listen to your body. Don't overdo it at first or you won't be able to maintain it.

Keep track of what you eat, every bite, measure or weigh servings. Drink at least 8 glasses of water. Don't eat too little, don't skip meals. No less than 1200 calories a day & a good multivitamin. If you can, eat 3 small meals & 2 or 3 healthy snacks a day to keep up energy & help keep you from eating everything in sight at night.

Take your measurements and weigh in weekly. Keep track.

Find support. A workout buddy, online group, email buddy, for days when you feel like skipping or cheating.

I do aerobics at naptime, send PM me and I'll workout "with" you. You just have to decide & make that commitment to yourself.

Go
    MRiverson

Answer by MRiverson at 8:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• There is no way to target weight loss to a specific area of the body because your body decides where it wants to put on weight and where it wants to take it off. The midsection is a common "problem" area for many people.

The best way to lose fat is through cardiovascular exercise. It is important to do a variety of abdominal exercises (including crunches) to keep your core strong, but until that excess fat is gone, you will not see the muscle definition. So if you’re not doing cardio, crunches are not going to help get the six-pack you’ve been hoping for. Regular cardio exercise at a level that’s challenging for you is your best bet.
    VitalityGal

Answer by VitalityGal at 10:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2008