Need a sauce recommendation!

I recently bought (on an impulse) 2 packs of frozen raviolis that sounded really delicious. However, when I finally wanted to make it, it seemed to me that regular tomato-based pasta sauce didn't go with the the flavors of the ravioli, which are 1.) butternutsquash and maple syrup ravioli and 2.) feta, hazelnut and butternut squash ravioli.

I thought of making a pesto, but I'm not sure. Any recommendations? Thank you!

ummu_moussa

Asked by ummu_moussa at 1:54 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, let it slowly melt - about 5 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage, and add 2 tablespoons of heavy cream, add 1/2 cup grated parmigiano reggiano, and mix. It should be soooo buttery and creamy, perfect for ravioli
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Here's another;
    For the sauce:
    4 tablespoons butter
    1 large shallot, diced
    2 cups light cream
    2 tablespoons maple syrup
    1 teaspoon thyme
    salt and pepper

For garnish:
    1 slice of bacon per person being served, cooked to desired crispness

Melt the butter over medium high heat. Add shallots and cook 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients and lower heat to a simmer. Cook about 5 minutes.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:04 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Melt butter and olive oil in a pan, add chopped garlic and let get foamy. Serve over the raviol with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. I would not use tomato sauce on these flavors either.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• With butternut squash, I recommend a butter-sage sauce. Melt some butter , add fresh chopped sage and chopped walnuts or hazelnuts and toss the ravioli. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Some goat cheese would be good also (obviously not for the goat cheese filled ones, though). If you want it creamy, add some heavy cream before tossing in the ravioli.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Sweetluci's sauce sounds like a winner!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 11:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Wow! I loved all of the suggestions! Thanks for the ideas, ladies! :)
    ummu_moussa

Comment by ummu_moussa (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2010