Halloween Movies.. favorite?

I'm not talking about the Michael Myers movies (although Rob Zombie has done an excellent job with them).

What were your favorite Halloween movies growing up? Do you plan on sharing them with your kids?

I LOVED Hocus Pocus. I remember when my sister and I were younger, we'd pause it when it was on their book to copy what was written. We watched it pretty much every single day during our summer vacation the year it was released on laser disc.

When my daughter is older, I plan on showing her High Spirits (I think that's the title) with Liam Neeson, Daryl Hannah, Steve Grunberg. Hysterical.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 1:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Entertainment

• I was always a fan of the Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elmstreet ones just because I was at the right age, pre-teen to teen, to appreciate them as they came out new each year (though after about 5 they get old). My absolute favorites, though are the old black and white horror movies. The original Haunting with Russ Tamblyn or the old Vincent Price movies like the Haunting of Hill House or House of Wax (in old fashioned 3D). Also some of the Bette Davis thrillers like Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte. As a general rule, I despise remakes - they're all about special effects and completely ruin the mood. It takes a lot more skill to scare someone without showing any gore or monster at all than it does to use some CGI.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I loved Hocus Pocus as a kid and the Halloweentown movies that came on the Disney Channel. My mom showed me the movie Practical Magic which I loved as a kid and begged for the movie. I will definitely share these movies with my kids
    SkylaDarling

Answer by SkylaDarling at 2:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Salem's Lot,Hellraiser,
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• We have three copies of Practical Magic. It's probably one of the only "magic" movies that has any kind of truth in it.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yeah my mom really loved that movie and she showed to me so I loved it. My twin brother was afraid which I find hilarious since he's a marine now. Haha. He hates Halloween movies. Salems Lot is good too though.
    SkylaDarling

Answer by SkylaDarling at 4:00 PM on Oct. 16, 2010