Some believe that the Rapture of the Church will come on December 21, 2012.

Christians - Do you feel this is true? Why or why not?
Non-Christians - If the Rapture *does* come on that date, will your beliefs change or will you hold to your current belief system?

WomanWitty

Asked by WomanWitty at 2:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Not sure if I believe in the rapture at all, but either way, the bible says it is unpredictable, no one can guess the date or hour. So, no I do not believe it will be the end of the world or anything like that.

MamaC24210

Answer by MamaC24210 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I don't think that the Christian Rapture is actually predicted for this date... this date marks the end of an age in the Mayan Calendar. Two different belief structures there. Besides, wouldn't having a date in advance pretty much rule out the rapture, since the Bible states that we will know not the day or the hour?
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Nope I personally do not believe in the rapture...

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• First of all, I find the entire idea of the rapture to be completely ridiculous! Second of all, even the bible itself states that no one would know the time of the end, so thinking it would be so widely predicted makes no sense, even from a Christian stand point... And thirdly, NO, I can't imagine I would change my views at all on religion in general...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• no i don't..and i was under the impression it was december 12. either way..no. why? because i believe the same scripture that tells of the Rapture, also tells us that no one knows when it will come.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• No, I do not. Firstly, I don't believe that the Mayan calendar predicts the end of the world, and secondly I don't believe in the rapture or "end times" - even as a Christian.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Thanks for clarifying OP... I've never heard it tossed around as a date for the Rapture. I've heard plenty of 'end of the world' theories but none that have been Rapture-specific.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• As a Christian, I definitely believe in the Rapture but I also believe that no one knows when or how it will occur. Ever since the time of Jesus, people have been predicting that the "end of the world" is right around the corner and none of them have been correct yet. And while things are going badly in the world now, there have been other times that have been just as bad if not worse.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 2:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• ugh
    there is only one bad thing that is going to happen that day
    my first born will have her birthday
    and be a teen ager
    scary!
    Anonymous

• i believe that no one can predict it... i think it will happen in Gods timing, and i think he gave skipped giving us the specifics for a good reason.
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2010