Do you think drinking and smoking marijuana are any different?

I mean, drinking is just as dangerous, if not more, than smoking marijuana and getting high.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 2:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Alcohol is out of your system within 24 hours. Marijuana lasts for days and is cumulative. Smoke enough and you'll fail a drug test for a month or more after you stop.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I feel drinking is more damaging... but thats my personal opinion. I have known many many worse things to happen when a person is drunk rather than high.
    High you are more relaxed, some get paranoid which can lead to probs but generally weed makes you calm and content.

I know many people who have been beaten or abused by someone because they were drunk, not heard any stories when someone was high.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Actually I do. Alcohol is highly addictive, MJ is not. AND Alcohol does more damage to your organs than MJ does. In addition, MJ has legit medical uses (both physical and psychiatric), Alcohol does not, although it can be used in place of some common medicines.

Now, on a level of should they both be legal? Of course... Legally I don't see a difference.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:41 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• ^^^ What she said :) Took the words out of my mouth and made them sound better!! lol
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Both ruin lives, relationships and society...

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I too, agree with SabrinaMBowen:)
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 2:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• marijiauna is illegal and drinking is not. Both can be dangerous to your health, drinking is fine as long as it's just a couple of drinks and you don't drive. Marijuana makes people stupid, fat and lazy, so I'd say mj is a lot worse.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 2:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• The difference is that one is illegal and one is not. To me, that's the biggest current issue. Whether or not marijuana should be legalized isn't something I'm concerned about since I don't use it myself.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 2:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• The way I see it, marijuana is prescribed to help people with different ailments, alcohol is not. Marijuana wil not cause you to sleep with someone you might regret because you're so intoxicated you can't make reasonable choices (ending up with a bad reputation/STD/unwanted pregnancy). I don't feel like rambling on about why I think marijuana is better, but I think I've let my opinion be known. I agree with other comments posted. Well said!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:08 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Here in California, marijuana is not completely illegal. We have medical marijuana which anyone and they're mother can obtain as long as you've seen a doctor at lease once in your life and pay up $200.00. The crime surrounding this has skyrocketed in my area. As a state, we will be voting as legalize it completely. I'm completely against it. It's just as bad as alcohol in my opinion. I just don't want my childeren growing up in a society where drinking and doing drugs is okay because it's "legal".
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 3:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2010