Laveyan Satanist anyone?

Is there anyone here who is a Laveyan Satanist? If so How does your family feel about it?

Do not respond to this unless you are a Laveyan Satanist or respectful in your postings..I am not looking for any sarcasm or crap please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Other philosophies/religions that are based on the actions of self/self awareness are Buddhism, Hinduism, & Sikhism.
    They are in essence religious philosophies yes, but they do not follow the Abrahmic philosophies of God/Satan in the sense of those entities being the reasons by good/evil in this world. They all base the ides of "good/evil" on man themselves. We create those things in our world by our own actions/choices during our lifetimes. Than man is the source of those things, humans actively make choices, those choices bring about good/bad results or reprecussions. Every action (even down to thought) that humans engage in, create the good or evil that is not only in their own lives, but in the world as a whole. Each action that someone takes, does have an affect on others, whether they see it or not The affect is there.

There are lots of resources and information that go far beyond the Abrahamic ideal of Good/Evil
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:00 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Anton Zandor LaVey.. Now there's a name I haven't heard in a good 20 plus years..

There are still people who follow his teachings?

I think for a man who was a carny and a forensics photographer, he had quite a life view.. And in some ways followed the steps of Hubbard.. LeVay was a very smart man. I have read his books, particularly his "Satanic Bible".. His philospher is not based on a Satan or a God, but on Human nature.

Are you interested in LeVay and just learning, or are have you been a follower of LaVey's teachings for a long time?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Self realization and understanding of personal responsiblity and choice :-)

I have known lots of people in my life, whe were raised in an environmnet where God/Satan were either to blame/the cause of..etc.. everything that happened in their lives. The realization that in actuality they and they alone had control of those things was actually a "freeing" one. Sounds kinda of like that is what may have happened with you.

If you are interested in a Humanist Philosophy. There are many books and info about Humanism. Self realization and discovery are wonderful things. And I believe that we all go through it many times in a lifetime (I'm 48, and I've had a few moments of realization in this lifetime myself.. lol.. It's part of growing in my view). LaVey does offer some human insight that he learned over the years. It maybe beneficial to your journey to look into other Humanist philosphies/philosophers as well. :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I just had a friend remind me that I left out some on my previous answer.. LOL

He told me to add: Pagans of all flavors, Wiccans of all flavors.. as additional philosophies/beleifs that believe in the power of self (his term.. lol) and how we as individuals perpetuate the good/evil that is in the world. That self action is responsible and influential in regards to the state of mankind. That we as individuals are responsible for the good/evil that we put out in the world.. And the good/evil that people themselves put into the world, creates the good/evil that is in the world. Not God or Satan.

Okay.. See. lots of places/philosphies that are different than the Abrahamic view/teachings of good/evil.. I can't believe he stood over me and dictated this like I was some sort of PA... LMAO..................
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Ahh. New to it.

LeVay, though a smart man, was a con artist. Most of his "legend" and the theater around him was a creation of his own in order to gain exposure and influence. His daughter even came out after he died and spilled a lot of beans about her dad.

May I ask.. What perked your interest in LaVey's teachings?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• There are several here, but I haven't seen any of them around the Q&A section in quite a while - especially since they changed it and put all the points and things in. If you do a search of Moms or Groups you might find some of them, though.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:04 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Another one is Taoism I think.

I am not a Satanist at all, but I did happen to see that there was a group on here: http://www.cafemom.com/group/91551/

MamaC24210

Answer by MamaC24210 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I didn't read all the answers but, since you are new to it, I would look into as many types of Satanism as you can. I know there are a few another one is Setian (sp?) but, I would just find out about others, too. Good Luck
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:25 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I am new to it...I am reading his books right now and my parents are very supportive which I thought was rather weird considering they are Mormon (LDS). I actually thought they were going to go crazy when I told them that DH and Myself were beginning to follow it. I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience with family or was this just a fluke...LOL
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Anton Szandor LaVey has got a real grasp of the human side of humans...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2010