Are we heading for another "world war"?

Just curious to see what others think on the subject. With recent talks again about North Korea threatening to increase their weapons supply, and the major opinion seeming to be that China and Russia will back North Korea since we support South Korea, do you think we are heading into another world war with the major 'players" being North and South Korea, China, Russia, and USA? I hope not, but I think that if we don't do something to deal with the North Korean government, then we might be facing this issue a lot sooner than we think.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 2:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Given the finite resources, I think another world war is a distinct possibility ~ sooner or later.

I still think the best way to deal with N Korea would be to glue a guidance system onto a big rock and dump it right down lil Kim's reactor ... and make sure the wind that day is blowing straight to China. As for Iran, I'd give them half of those nukes we have lying around collecting dust and call it good ... and than I'd tell the U.N. to take a hike because we weren't going to play with them anymore.

Speaking of the U.N. ~ and on a lighter note ~ I wonder if they would defend us just to make sure that we WERE still viable to keep paying the lion's share of their costs???
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Idk i'm more concerned of Iran and that nutjob there.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:54 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• All these countries are reacting like this because they see our President as a light-weight with no backbone. They have no fear of Obama.

This happens every time we have had a weak and wishy washy President.  Jimmy Carter comes to mind, look how long Iran held our people hostage. The very minute Reagan was sworn in as President, Iran released the hostages. Iran knew that Reagan was not a light-weight, he would not take their BS.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Dang I got two down votes for ..what? lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I gave you an upvote to even things up!
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 3:19 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Even VP Joe Biden before they were swore in warned us that other countries would test the new President. Well they have, and they find him very weak and a lightweight.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

***
    For having the "audacity" to express an opposing view!! LOL :o)

(voted you up!) :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Thanks ladies ;p
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Funny, we weren't worried about all of this when we had a pres. the rest of the world respected and "feared".
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I think that we are always gonna be in war! there is always gonna be some country trying to fight the US. but my opinion is that instead of going over their blowing up stuff and then taking US dollars to rebuild and feed and cloth them when we have people living under bridges and kids starving in the US but we feeding them. that kills me .
    tomcatsbabygirl

Answer by tomcatsbabygirl at 3:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2010