Long hair and boys

Our 2 year old has long, curly hair.
Dry, it's down to just below his shoulders.
Wet it's to the middle of his back.

We have no intention of cutting it anytime soon.
We get the 'what a pretty girl' comments all the time.
Dh and I laugh and go on, no big deal.

So what's your opinion on little boys/toddlers with
long hair?

LadyCash

Asked by LadyCash at 2:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think as long as the boy wants it long and he keeps it neatly trimmed and clean, who cares how long it is? Trust me, as your kids get older, hair is going to be one of those issues that you let go.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:06 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Me personally... I'm biased.. LOL

I like men with hair, lots of hair.. lol

My son who is 18 years old has never had a haircut (trims yes, cuts no).
    My husband of 25 years has not had a haircut in over 30 years (trims yes, cuts no)

Not cutting the hair is a religious thing. My husband (his family) and my son are Sikhs. They do not believe in cutting the hair or shaving.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• im all for it, we are military, and my son always has a military cut, but if he wanted long hair, that is cool too! My uncle and my dad (bikers) always had hair past their butts! LOL Rest in peace to them both! I love it...:)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Until school it is fine, he is your son. But when he starts attending a school there may be guidelines to follow or they may tell you to cut it.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I think it's adorable. I have a little guitar student ( well he just turned twelve) but he's always had long shoulder length hair and all the girls are crazy about him! it's so cute.
    bingbong

Answer by bingbong at 2:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Personally, I don't like it. I'd rather not have my son mistaken for a girl.

However your child, your choice to do as you wish. Don't be like my brother though. He didn't want to cut his son's hair either, even after he begged for a haircut. He finally relented, but it took awhile for my nephew to wear him down. Respect your child's feelings on the matter (when he's old enough to know what he wants).
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I've been throught the oh what a pretty little girl thing too, now personally I like boys to hair short hair.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 2:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I myself am REALLY struggling with this. I like guys w short hair.
    My SO wants our son to have long hair, so I have been growing it out and it KILLS ME! His hair is a little over his ears and I keep having the urge to cut it off... But I am resisting.

Sometimes long hair looks really cute on lil boys, sometimes I feel bad for them lol. Just all personal preference.
    I
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I think it's adorable! My son's hair is really straight, so it doesn't look as cute really long as kids with curls, but I usually keep his a little long (like a Mod cut). People often think he's a girl, but oh well.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I personally wouldn't choose to have my sons hair long (although I don't have any boys), I think it looks cute on some boys, I just wouldn't do it. My family is a short hair for boys and long hair for girls family. I haven't ever seen any of my nephews, with long hair, or any of my brothers, uncles and cousins and so on.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 2:56 PM on Oct. 16, 2010