Do you think its wrong to go to a church just to put your kids in the childcare for awhile?

Do you think its wrong for people to do this, or do you think the church would appreciate any reason to get someone to come to hear the gospel?

art.diva

Asked by art.diva at 3:19 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Religious Debate

• As long as you stayed at the church, I think that is fine. If your need is for a rest from your children and an opportunity for them to be with other children, this is a need the church can assist you with.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• No, its hard for a lot of kids to sit patiently in church that's why most churches have nursery's so the parents can enjoy the service instead of chance or hush a screaming squirmy kid
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I think you should go to church for one reason and one reason only and that is to worship God. It is good the kids are in the nursury because most of the time they get to hear the gospel too and even though they are young they absorb more than we think they do . but to just go to church to get a break from your kids is wrong to me.
    tomcatsbabygirl

Answer by tomcatsbabygirl at 3:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I don't think it is wrong. I know I am not perfect enough to make that sort of determination. Also if a mother needs a 45 min break from their children bad enough to wake up on a Sunday morning, get the kids ready, and drive to church... its probably in the childs best interest (plus they get the benifit of learning about religion)
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 3:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• do you mean, dropping the kids off, and leaving them until its over? i know some people do this, and i think that's wrong. when i was in my early 20s and taught sunday school (ok..it was more like glorified babysitting, since my 'class' was 3-4yos.), there were a lot of 'bus kids', some as as young as still-diapered, that the parents sent on the bus with an older sibling (although, not necessarily, and certainly not old enough to be responsible for another young child). why the church allowed this is beyond me..i'm thinking of the legalities involved, of course, not the gospel-spreading.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I'm not a christian nor go to church. But I think it's wrong. You go there to learn your religion, to feed your soul and your beliefs. The daycare is set up so that you can have the peace to do so without having to worry about your kid disrupting the service. If you're that desperate for a break hire a baby sitter.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 3:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• church is a good experience for children as well as adults, i dont think its awful... just dont skip out on the service, cause then it a kinda cruddy thing to do
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I volunteer in my church's nursery and teach Sunday school. If parents need a break so badly that they are going to come to church for no other reason, I'm happy to watch their kids.
    annabellelee

Answer by annabellelee at 4:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I guess, I personally wouldn't do this. Yes, I know little ones are squirmy but little ones are also very well able to learn that there are times when they need to be still. This is not something that is a bad thing for them to learn and I think that a lot of parents don't find the value of taking the time (to be a PARENT) and teach them these things. Children lose when parents are too lazy to teach their children these values and I think it is very sad.
    When my family goes to church we all participate together. It's never been that they are NOT allowed to go to children's church, we attend a church that is a family focused church that keeps parents and children together - not separating them. Parents and children are separated all week long with work and school. If you go to church, you should spend that time together as a family. Our church is geared for the squirmy ones - big and small! =)
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I agree with the idea that as long as you're there, listening, that's fine. That's what the "nurseries" are for... to give parents a chance to be spiritually edified for a little while without worrying about their hyper toddlers. Just make sure that you provide necessities such as a diaper bag with whatever might be needed, and label stuff so it gets back to you. Every mommy needs a break at times.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 5:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2010