a 35 year old in skinny jeans? (this is why you shouldn't allow hubby to buy clothes for you)

my dh bought me skinny jeans..when i first saw them I was like are you kidding me!?! he was like oh I saw the poster pic above the jeans at walmart and thought ur ass would look good (god what a pig!) So I tried them just for fun and my legs looked like them little kids plastic fat bats LOL! They are going back today reguardless of hurt feelings

chica679

Asked by chica679 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Shopping

• hahaha..i think that's sweet. did he at least get the size correct? my dh knows nothing about sizing..and i shudder to think what he'd bring home.
    but, if you have the body, why not??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• ROFL!!! My husband is great at picking clothes for me, but thankfully skinny jeans would never cross his radar, lol. Honestly I don't think anyone actually looks good in skinny jeans if that helps at all. It's one of those trends that I simply do not get. ;)
    Mom2theboy1994

Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• LOL My hubby asked why I wouldn't even try the style on. I said for one...even if I can fit into them, a 32 yr old mother doesn't need to be THAT in style. To me it just adds to the ass I already have. And how could they possibly be comfortable?? I like my loose fitting wide leg pants. I prefer not to wear pants that look painted on any more.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• he bought them 2 sizes too big lol! they are just evil evil jeans!
    chica679

Comment by chica679 (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Well, I don't think age has anything to do with skinny jeans. It's more about body shop, and how you dress them up or down. I know some women in their 40's and 50's that look amazing in skinny jeans, especially with certain tops and the right shoes.

You definitely have to feel comfortable in them though.

As for your hubby. How sweet that he thought of you.....and I don't think it's being a pig for him to think your back side would like good in something.....I think it's nice that he's thinking about your body even when you're not around. Give him a nice kiss, thank him, and if he likes the way they look on you.....maybe keep them and wear them for him once in awhile!!

ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I never let my hubbie pick my clothes. They would either be too big or too small. lol
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Woops...that's supposed to say it's about "body type"!!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:44 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• omg I wouldn't be seen with those in public! I definatly don't have the body for one my legs are too short and fat and idk they're weird looking!
    chica679

Comment by chica679 (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Age has nothing to do with it. There are women, 35 and up, that can rock skinny jeans. Most can't though because they are made for stick insects.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 3:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I would be shocked if my DH bought me clothes, he can't even buy his own without asking me what size he wears let alone know what size I wear. But I agree skinny jeans are evil, I would let me DD's wear them but not myself even if I had the body which I never will.
    niehoff9

Answer by niehoff9 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2010