Do you sense the storm coming from 2 weeks away?

By CHARLES BABINGTON and LIZ SIDOTI, Associated Press

WASHINGTON – Two weeks before Election Day, Democrats fear their grip on the House may be gone, and Republicans are poised to celebrate big gains in the Senate and governors' mansions as well.

Analysts in both parties say all major indicators tilt toward the Republicans. President Barack Obama's policies are widely unpopular. Congress, run by the Democrats, rates even lower. Fear and anger over unemployment and deep deficits are energizing conservative voters; liberals are demoralized.

Private groups are pouring huge sums of money into GOP campaigns. An almost dizzying series of Democratic messages has failed to gain traction, forcing Obama to zigzag in search of a winning formula.

With early voting under way in many states, Democrats are trying to minimize the damage by concentrating their resources on a dwindling number of races.

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 3:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Do not count your chickens before they hatch!!

Be absolutely certain to do your part and GO VOTE!
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I feel CHANGE in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

umbrella

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:08 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• LOL! when i read that question and heard a movie-trailer voice, all serious and full of doom!!!!

storm's a-coming!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I'll be out there doing my rain dance (aka voting) ...
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Now if only both parties would see that we're not happy with them!!! We got rid of a republican president, we're not happy with the democrats.....time for them to actually pay attention to middle America. They need to do something to keep jobs HERE in the states, rebuild our education system....who can name 24 countries that should have better education scores, and get our country back on track, but it's just going to go back and forth between the parties until somebody makes a major change.

Sorry, just frustrated with our government!!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I don't think I have ever been this excited about an election. We are going to FL to see the final launch of the space shuttle. We are worried we won't be back in time on Tues to vote, so we are leaving FL at 3:00 AM to make sure we are back in NC with time to spare. It is too important.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• LOL...I couldn't resist!! :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:54 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I agree with May. I'm also afraid that the independents/tea party candidates are going to split the conservative vote. I myself am going back and forth on one particular local election. I really like the independent, and have actually given him some money, but I'm worried he can't garner enough and voting for him will help hand the seat to the dems.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• WooHoo! I'm so excited that the Republicans will come in and save us all. They are so much better, more honest and have proven they are more fiscally responsible. I'm sure that once they take over everyone will have jobs and the recession will be over. Then they can work on legislating their religious beliefs on us.

Can't wait.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 9:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I don't know about the rest, but I am more excited about any balance of power than anything else. I don't assume that one will be better than the other, the proof will be in what they do and if they listen to their constituency. If they don't, then it will be obvious that the group coming in is no better than the other side. I just want someone to take the credit cards away and to stop saddling our children and future generations with debt they have nothing to do with. The spending is out of control and has been for some time now. It needs to stop and everyone needs to live within their means. We should all expect better of our elected officials. If you don't like them, do your part in firing them.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2010