Boys and kitchens

Play kitchens, that is.

Does your son have one? Will you get him one?
If not, why?

LadyCash

Asked by LadyCash at 3:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Actually, my boys did have a play kitchen, and my oldest who is 28 is now a chef! Why shouldn't boys have play kitchens. They cook and eat.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I think there nothing wrong with a boy getting a kitchen set. There are more guys cooking at home now so if the boy want it .
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I guess if your dh is so caveman he restricts age appropriate preschool toys, get a BBQ set instead. little tikes and step 2 both make versions. also they make "boys only" kitchens now that are 100% blue and more manly
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My sons play kitchen with their sisters and they love to help me cook. I see no reason for a boy to play kitchen
    lovelypisces

Answer by lovelypisces at 3:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I WANTED one for my son when he was little but never got one... My DD has one now, she is almost 3 and DS, 6, plays with it more than she does.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• my now 7 yr old wanted one when he was 3 but dh absolutly refused it
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• my kids have a retro diner kitchen by step2 and my son loves it more than my daughter! this Xmas we're adding to it somewhat by buying the step2 fresh market thing. my son is very into money (he'll be 6 in 2 weeks) and likes to take orders and the diner and use a cash register. but he cooks too. ohhh yeahh!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:04 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Look at all the successful male chef's on Food Network. The kitchen isn't just a place for women anymore.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:19 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• We have one and its for the boys and the girls, my oldest son actully love s it more then any of them.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 4:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I bought my oldest one when he was little. And the pots and pans and toy food. He loved it! For a while he wanted to be a chef. He still enjoys helping me cook, but now he is into photography.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 4:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2010