Did you know the government spies on us? I didn't know that!!!! Why does Obama wants to stop it?

WOW, I learn something new everyday. I didn't know this, but I'm probably the last to know, lol. I was reading this article:

http://www.aclu.org/transition/

On what the ACLU wants to do if Obama becomes pres.

And one thing is to end spying. I didn't even know they really spied?

My husband explained it to me ------ all of the phone calls made in the USA (whether cell or landline) are monitored in a computer system and when certain key words (like terrorist words come up) the calls are reviewed, etc. It's also done through e-mail.

If anyone knows more please share.

I personally think its great and I'm sure it has prevented some terrorist attacks.

I don't understand why Obama wants to stop it? If it can prevent a 9/11 attack, I'm all for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are your thoughts!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• maybe he's hoping it will score more votes?
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 12:12 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i wouldnt want anyone spying on me =/
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• So, you're willing to risk another 9/11 just so the gov't can't hear you talk about potty training you child and want you made for dinner?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• they do not moniter every phone call in the whole US! That is a myth. They only moniter your calls if you are suspect of something already. There is no big computer some where listening to every call. get real. think how un realistic that is! if that were true they could catch every drug dealer & criminal out there!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• ANYONE can monitor you it is called the internet, tapping in phone lines and don't forget cell phones and cordless phones are on airwaves like radio stations! I have actually heard my neighbors convo standing in my backyard with a cordless.......but it was boring so I hung up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• lol...i hear everything in my neighbors house with my baby monitor! lets not forget most internet sites put ntracking cookies on your ocmp to monitor your preferences.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 3:27 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• to the first anon. i don't think that stopping that would really yrisk another 9/11 attack.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:50 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• oh please. 9/11 was government planned.. you can find more about it if you do your research. brainwashed people
    Anonymous