Does your doctor tell you that you've gained too much weight?

My doc (well, it's actually the nurses) are constantly on me about my weight gain. I am 30 weeks pregnant and have gained 25 lbs. I don't think that is so bad considering that by this far along with my son I had gained about 40. I had no problem losing it. I eat healthy, but it doesn't seem to matter. I just pack on the pounds. I'm just curious if anyone else has bitch nurses or if it's just me. The nurse told me last week my weight was out of control. I don't think that was very professional. I wasn't overweight to begin with. Sometimes they are so mean I just come home and cry.

FertMert

Asked by FertMert at 12:20 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My doc came in and said (Oh it looks like your still reatining water) I then joked that was the nice way of saying lay off the reeses lol but she was right cause i lost the water weight right away. Your nurse is mean. Id say at least I have a reason to be fat LOL
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:49 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• no you havent gainned to much that dr is just mean im sorry .. but no mine hasnt i actually lost weight so far
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I gained 25lbs with my daughter and the Dr told me that was exceptionaly good because so many women gain too much. To her too much would have been like 40lbs or more. Between her and the books I read about 20-30lbs is what is concidered to be perfect. But on the other hand you are only 30 weeks and the last month or so you gain the most so she may just be conserned that you will gain too much by then. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If she is just a nurse tell your Dr and request that she not be involved with your pregnancy.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:35 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• not at all i gained a total of 22 lbs with my first and with this one i lost 15 at the beginning and still havent gained it back and I am 7 months! From what I heard your supposed to gain anywhere from 25 - 35 lbs. I would tell that nurse to shove it!!!!!!
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 12:45 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Actually if you look in most medical journals (not the popular sights) but the medical journals on healthy pregnancy you will see that it is adviced that you gain at least 30 - 40 lbs while pregnant, the general rule of thumb is 1 pound per week of pregnancy. Tell your nurse to shove it! (like married2thebest said. You are just fine right where you are.
    smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 1:09 AM on Oct. 28, 2008