Cant they....??

Cant they tell what your having by the time you 14 weeks?? I am 13 weeks and like 3 days.. i cant wait til Dec, which is when my doctor will tell me what im having!!! I'm told to go to the mall and they can tell me at 14 weeks. but i dont wanna get those 3D or whatever pictures if you cant really tell what im having as early 14 weeks... does anyone know for sure

Gabbergirl951

Asked by Gabbergirl951 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I've always heard that you should wait until 20 weeks to be able to tell for sure.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:28 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I have always been told that the sex organs are not developed enough to see untill about 20 weeks....sometimes later.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:37 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i got my first between 16-18..that was kaiser..most places though like to wait till 20 weeks..i know for Sure its no sooner than 16.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:46 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I would wait till 20 weeks. At 14 weeks its possible your fetus still has its indifferent penis (if its a girl it basically inverts is the best way to describe what happens) so you may get a reading of boy but end up being a girl with nothing but blue to wear ;) Wait it out and when it drives you crazy write your baby letters. That helped me wait and I didnt get to see until 25 weeks because he was stubborn
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:51 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I found out at 15 weeks but I was at a ultrasound specialist AND my baby happened to be in a very convenient position. Not to mention he was "blessed" lol. It was very obvious!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:57 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• no its not reliable to do it that soon .. im 14 weeks and have to wait til dec too ..
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 12:58 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I found out I was having a boy at 15wks on a regular ultrasound. So, I'd say you probably could tell at 14wks on a 3D ultrasound.
    AndreaDawn1984

Answer by AndreaDawn1984 at 1:19 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Those mall ultrasounds with the 3D don't work well when the baby is so young. They will usually only do the gender check for you with the regular 2D ultrasound, especially when you are that early.

It is possible to tell the gender via ultrasound at 14 weeks, however, as others have stated you really cannot be sure.

If you have an amniocentesis then you will know for a fact 100% what you are having and you can do that now. The problem with that is that your dr has to agree with it and there has to be a good reason to do it other than a gender check.

good luck! I am 24 weeks and after three ultrasounds I still don't know! I have a baby who likes to keeps his/her legs crossed.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:34 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• look you can see the sex of the baby because the told me i was having a boy at 13 weeks
    TRYIN215

Answer by TRYIN215 at 1:50 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I found out what I was having at 14 weeks. But he also was showing off..
    Smexkitten

Answer by Smexkitten at 5:08 AM on Oct. 28, 2008