So my lil DD is almost 4 months and she is teething. I looked in her mouth today an her 2 top ones are starting to show. Is that normal? My DS who is 13 yrs old had his 2 bottom ones come in first. So I am not sureif I should be concerned.

pandpmommy

Asked by pandpmommy at 4:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Teeth come in at all different times and in all different positions. There is nothing to be concerned about.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:19 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yes thats normal all kids develope differently
    lovelypisces

Answer by lovelypisces at 4:20 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Its normal. Its usually the top two, then the bottom two then the top two on each side next to the front and then the bottom so she will end up with 4 & 4. then the jaw teeth start coming in. That when it gets interesting. Teething is harder when the back jaw teeth are cutting. No worries. Ok
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 4:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Its usually the central incisors first, top or bottom doesnt matter. Then the lateral incisors top and bottom, then the first 4 molars, then the 4 canines, and then the 2 year molars last. Any variation is normal. Top or bottom first doesnt matter :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• there is an order that they usually come in, but they don't always come in that order. It does not matter, they will all come in fine. My DD got her two top side teeth before the two middle ones. She looked like a little vampire!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• They start teething at all different ages my neohew started getting his first tooth at 2months I know a little girl that didnt get any teeth until after her first birthday . Certain cultures think that teeth coming in on the top or bottom first are bad omens. Really there isn't any specific order usually the two top or bottom will come in first. my oldest got one of his bottom incisors then the other about a month later. usually in my experience they come in twos tho =-)
    joscelyne

Answer by joscelyne at 3:04 AM on Oct. 17, 2010