Should i get a wedding planner?

Ok im in a situation. I really want to know if getting a wedding planner is a good idea. Im not all that creative and i have so many ideas but i just dont know how to put it all together. Plus i also think too much into things so i get overwhelmed very easily so i need so help. I really dont have help from family, and my fiance is here but he will agree to everything. I dont know, some people says i should do it and some people says no. How much should i pay for a wedding planner? How does there whole payment thing work?

brit041

Asked by brit041 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I'd say if you have a really close friend that is willing to help you figure out the whole big ball of craziness then don't hire one. If not then if you can afford to by all means do it. But hang on to your vision make sure they do what you want and not what they want.

One piece of money saving advice from me is to check out brides maid dress's they tend to be simple yet stunning and most companies now will cut them in white. That's what I did and I got exactly what I wanted and with a shawl shoes and key accessory I paid under 200 (that was with a rush shipping).

Good Luck and Congrats
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:29 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• First, look and see if you have a crafty friend and ask her to be your wedding planner. That is usually the cheapest way to go! since you admit you get easily overwhelmed you should have one. People who can take the stress and can tackle overwhelming things without breaking a sweat can get away without having one. Wedding planners can be expensive..usually $100 per hour, well around here anyway. Payments are required along the way. You still have to pay all of the deposits as you go and the final payment day of wedding. Check your local Chamber of Commerce, they may have a wedding booklet featuring all of their business affiliates in the industry (i got one from ours and it was amazingly helpful).
    SensualScents

Answer by SensualScents at 2:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• First, congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Planning a wedding is difficult and I believe that brides should be brides and enjoy their day. I am a wedding planner and I have fixed rates. If your wedding hasn't taken place yet and if you are interested in discussing further about your budget, you can email me at info@joyousevents.org and I also would like to invite you to visit www.joyousevents.org. Whatever your decision may be I wish you the best and happy planning.

Candace :)
    swtmama

Answer by swtmama at 11:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2008