Would u take pills for depression or not / adult content

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Health

• I have and I don't think they helped me as much as they could of I would try to eliminate the source 1st if you can that will help alot.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• depending if my depression was affecting my ability to take care of my dd and get everyday things done
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yes. Depression is a very mean illness. Even if its mild its not something to be ignored. Depending upon the level of intensity you can take herbs from the health food store that are very mild and can help but If its clinical please follow the doctors orders. The hardest thing about depression is recognizing the symptoms until your over whelmed. Learn to recognized the symptoms in order to combat it as well.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 4:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I have in past, never again. I am trying to feel my feelings and work more on my anxiety than depression. Baby steps, I suppose.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• It would depend on how sever the depression is, and the circumstances maybe ... maybe not
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 4:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Severe depression yes, if they help.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I used to take effexor xr.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I took a half a pill of Zoloft and it gave me suicidal thoughts this was when my kids were younger the doctor told me to stop taking them I did and never took depression pills again. You have to be careful on what medication you take.
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I have, and I'm sure will again. However, I prefer to go a more natural route after nearly dying from Rx Depression meds. I have BPD2, so I haven't read this one myself, I go with the BPD versions over those for depression, but I'm sure the quality is the same, Pick up a copy of Both Depression for Dummies and Overcoming Depression for Dummies. These books always have lots of information not only about what causes these issues but healthy, non-medicative answers to treating them as well as answers about medication...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I have and they didn't really help that much. What I really wanted was to find the source of my depression, which I was finally able to do. Once I dealt with the source, I've not had any more problems.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:17 PM on Oct. 16, 2010