anyone have twins? did you deliver vaginally or by c-section?

I have 4 children...three biological and I delivered all 3 vaginally without any complications and I'm expecting to deliver #5 and #6 vaginally as well but I keep having people tell me I'll probably have to have a c-section...

what was your experience with delivering twins?

jcarvalho

Asked by jcarvalho at 4:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my sister had twins, she had to have a c-section
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 4:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• my sister in law had twins...she had a c section b/c they weren't doing so good, so the did an emerg. c section at 8months
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• and you don't have to have them by c section..if your body can hold them until they are full "cooked" and you go into labor with no problems, baby's heartbeat doesn't drop or anything, you can deliver vaginally everyone is different. don't let other ppl make up your mind for you
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Most doctors want to do C-sections for twins, but that is not evidence based. If twin A is head down it is perfectly safe to birth them vaginally.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I have not had twins but I know several people who have had them naturally. My SIL, and 2 good friends all delivered vaginally, no meds. My one friend even convinced her OB to deliver the second twin breech if it was. With the nurses telling her to stop, she got up onto the bed and squatted ("You can't do that with twins!" They yelled. "Yes I can" was her response) One push and the baby was on the table, much to the shock of the nurses! Then the Dr came in and helped deliver the breech one. She was 41 weeks and both babies were over 7 1/2 lbs. My sister in law had two over 7 lbs as well.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Given the fact you have already had 3 vaginal births, there is no reason why you cannot have one with your twins. What does your OB have to say? Are they willing to do a vaginal birth and under what "conditions"? better find out know what kind of support you are getting from your care provider?

I have known many women to give birth to twins vaginally. Good Luck!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 7:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2010