do you think it is right to let your 13 and 14 year old girs get body peircings

my 13 and 14 year old nieces are wanting toung rings and eye brow peircings

tomcatsbabygirl

Asked by tomcatsbabygirl at 4:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Ears yes, anything else... no
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 4:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• nope...that is very tacky to me to be that young with those peircing,
    and if my dd ever wants that she can wait until she is 18 and pay for it herself
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• IMO. no, I think that is too young. I will not let my DD pierce anything but her ears (if she wants), until she's 18.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• ears yes, anywhere else, nope!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with it. Our house rules (for piercings OR Tats) are as follows:

1. It needs to be easily covered or removable
    2. It can not be offensive (this includes charms or whatever could be attached to rings or bars)
    3. Unless it's a gift, they must pay for it
    4. They must be able & willing to care for it and all accompanying jewelry - It's not MY responsibility to make sure they do so.
    5. They must be willing to use a reputable piercer/tattooer (for tats) whom I and their father have checked out.

Beyond that, we have no issues with things like piercings or tattoos... Although I do ask that they are 16 for tattoos, but piercings I don't really have an age range on, I would be fine with them at 13 or 14, that's about when I started doing my own.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• not my house. infection risk aside, their brains aren't anywhere NEAR done developing yet. The long term thinking/planning area is the last to come in, often not til they're closer to 19 or 20 yrs old. They are thinking in the moment and have no concept of possible complications, permanent scarring, etc. you have to think for them.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Only ears. I hate looking at body piercings gross. Definately not at 13 or 14
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• nope. when they are 18 they can do as they please, but 13 is way too young. and the eyebrow (and nose....anything basically) leaves a scar when it is out and closed over too, so imo that is not worth a whim
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• No way..little girls with tongue/nose piercings looks totally TRASHY! Makes me think even the parents are trashy themselves..JMO..
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 5:16 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Uh uh! Not my daughter. Anything but ears, and she's not allowed to pierce it until she's 18. 13-14 is waaaaay to young, especially for something like a tongue piercing. Which, in my opinion, is a very sexual piercing to begin with.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2010