MAGGOTS

I found maggots in my house downstairs only. 1 in the kitchen, 1 in the bathoom downstairs, 1 in the living room, and one in the dinning room. They were on the wall ceilings! HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO? PLEASE

Miszross

Asked by Miszross at 5:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Do you have any rotten potatoes or meat around? Major clean up time.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• NO I swear i do not
    Miszross

Comment by Miszross (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Are you sure that's what they are? There should be more than just 1 in a few different rooms. If you have carpeting, get down and check it, they can actually live in and under it. My mother had to rip up an entire room because of them, but you knew they were there...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Maggots don't usually leave their source of food, so what ever caused them to get into your home has  apparently been ate. I personally would call and exterminator and get the whole house done.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 5:08 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• That would be really weid for you to find just one in each of those rooms.... Are you sure that is what they are? If you didn't find any more the day or two after, I would guess it isn't maggots but some other worm. They will eventually turn into flies and fly away. If there were other maggots you will likely have bunches of flies everywhere.

Keep open to the idea that if you found them on the ceiling they came down from their hatching place above (the second floor, floor).
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 7:09 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I would think you found some other kind of larvae. Call an exterminator and show him what you found so they can get rid of them for you.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2010