Is your child enrolled in The Little Gym?

If so what class are they enrolled in, there age and do they like it? Also do you as a parent feel like it has helped there social skills and given them more structure. Last, do you feel that the once a week classes are worth the money? My almost 4 yr old son will be starting out in the Funny Bugs gymnastics class ages3-5 which is once a week for $84 a month with a $40 annual membership fee. Seems like allot to me but Im hoping its worth it since hes home with me all day and desperatly needs the social interaction with other children and he also needs the structure to prepare him for tball next yr. Tell me what you thing about the little gym!!

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 5:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I've done it in the past. It was ok nothing really special. Your looking at once a week with nearly 30 dollars a visit,what 30 minute to 1 hour classes.. Or would going to the playground somewhere give them the same social you are looking for?
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 5:11 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Well the social part is a huge thing but he also needs to start learning some type of structure from a coach so that when he starts tball he wont be intimadated by all the rules and someone else trying to direct him.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Comment by LANDENSMOMMYlmk (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• We belong to a My Gym which is similar. Our insurance covered our 1 time membership fee. You might want to check it out...also if they have an open house they often offer free membership or discounted fees. My DS is a VERY active little guy and it is proven to be VERY helpful and worth it during the winter. On top of his hour clas they offer 4 Open Plays a week which he can attend. So essentailly he can "work out" .. so to speak up to 5x a week. Not bad. My DS does well sociall but it definately is helpful with that. it also has helped his athletic abilities. he is well advanced compared to other kids his age when it comes to climbing, balancing etc. When we are at the park he can hang with the 4 and 5 yo and he's only 2 1/2. So essentially it offers self confidence, social skills, coordination, balance etc. I can't speak for Little Gym but I have been beyond thrilled and impressed with My Gym
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I think it is worth it. It gives my daughter a once a week activity with kids other than in daycare. She enjoys it so we will continue to enroll her.
    NHGal

Answer by NHGal at 8:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I honestly dont' think we have a gym around here for children that young without driving into Buffalo or Rochester (about an hour drive away).
    I'd like to get my DD into a dance class or something like that though for similar reasons.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My son used to be when he was younger but now that we've moved we don't have one in our area which I really wish we did. It was a lot of fun for him & a few moments to myself a few times a week.
    ~*~Holli~*~
    MsWood729

Answer by MsWood729 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2010