Best way to store lettuce ?

Question in the title and how long does yours usually last.

I hate bagged salads due to the recalls, so am trying to see if I should get one of those produce containers or how others store their fresh lettuce.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Sorry not sure why I asked anon LOL Freudian slip.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 5:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• i just use the bottom of the fridge in the salad drawer, usually lasts abt 4days
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• buy the freen bags they were as see on tv my daughter did a sci project with them and they kept the lettuce fresh for 2 weeks
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 5:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• We just put it in a 8X8 plastic container with a lid. It keeps about a week. I put a few drops of water in there too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I always store in a zip lock baggie with the baggie just a tiny bit open, and a square of paper toweling slipped inside for humidity absorption....but that's just me. It seems to keep better this way.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 10:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I store it in a green bag that I bought in the produce section. I tested it myself with two heads of lettuce in a green bag and in a crisper container that I had been using. The green bag worked best. Depending on the kind of lettuce, from 1 to 2 weeks.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 6:30 PM on Oct. 17, 2010