Do you think this is rude and inconsiderate or did I overact? How would you react?

Well, today was our big grocery shopping day...so I get the kids ready ( they are 3 and 2) and we get in the car. The grocery store is about 15 miles away. We went only about 4 miles when DH looks in the rear view mirror and says "Damn. I forgot to shave, I look horrible". I look at him and say "no, you dont. You look great. Besides I hate it when you shave anyways" And BTW, he seriously DID NOT need to shave. He just has issues with looking a certain way when he leaves the house. He kept looking in the mirror, and tweaking his hair every minute and finally he goes, "Im going to turn around and go back home to shave, its only going to take 2 minutes". We have kids in the car, and about 1/4 of the way there. I got mad of course. I told him he was being stupid but he turned around anyway. So after we got home, I jump in the car, dropped the kids off and went grocery shopping ALONE. He can go groom himself but Im still pissed!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I would have been mad too. I may did the samething
    lovelypisces

Answer by lovelypisces at 5:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• LOL, I would have done the samething. Its just a grocery store, who cares what you look like. I don't think you overreacted.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Yea, id be pissed to, my hubby works in the oilfield and goes grocery shopping covered in mud lol!
    ShootingStar03

Answer by ShootingStar03 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• i think i would have done the same exact thing
    kthruz143

Answer by kthruz143 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Does he not realize how expensive it is to drive back and forth unecessarily? Not to mention how hard it is to get two kids to behave in a grocery store after riding in the car?
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 5:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I would have done the same, and they say women are difficult!

Answer by older at 5:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My husband does not like to leave home without shaving either, so I see that as a positive thing--that he wants to look his best or maybe in your husband's case, to feel that he looks his best. I treasure my husband's company, even if it's only to the grocery store and we have now been married almost 46 years. I think your husband's feelings were probably hurt when you went off and left him, plus you told him he was being stupid. Were I you, I would apologize for having been impatient and inconsiderate of his feelings in all this and I would ask him to forgive me.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I would of done the same thing. If hes gonna interupt something like that for something stupid like shaving then he can take care of the kids by himself. It's hell a hard to get two kids that young IN THE CAR and ready for grocery shopping..they probaly thought the ride was over and would of been heck to get them back in..ahh
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 5:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• He was rude and inconsiderate by turning around and making you all go back. Ugh! Men!

I would have done the same as you. I would LOVE to shop alone!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Well that was a little over kill on both of ya'lls part. Someone needed to consider the tug-of-war that transacted with the kids. They kids are the ones who need to be pisst because both parent are being silly. Its just a shave and groceries for heavens sake. Pick you battles sweetie... there are worse things to battle over like him getting all gromed and going "out" with out you to the grocery store to flirt with the check out girl. Granted he could have waited as it WAS the grocery store, not a family photo shoot. So it goes both ways. Now who the one who is going to say Im sorry, first? Hmmm?
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 5:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2010