i need help with showing the people around me more appreciation

my sis babysits for me almost everyday and i dont make enough money to pay her and cover everything eles like bills, baby stuff, etc. and she hates babysitting. it seems like every week we get into a fight about her and the way she talks shit on me and how i dont make enough money, or how im a lazy mom, or even how she hates the fact she doesnt have a kid but has to watch one everyday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• Um... it sounds like your sister is the problem. She's really bitchy. I don't think showing appreciation would help. Firing her might help more. You need to find someone sensitive to your financial situation and not make you feel bad. It seems you're stressed enough and your sister isn't making it any better. Your sister should be ashamed of herself for not helping family out. Yeah she may be babysitting but she's making it out like it's torture. I cherished the many days I babysat for my sister.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:00 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• well, hun, i hate to say this so bluntly, but she is right - IT IS YOUR BABY...not hers. you decided to have a baby and now, sorry to say, but it is your responsiblity and not hers. is the father involved? considering she is watching your decision, you could make her dinner or offer to help her back in some kind of way. you cannot be serious as to pawn YOUR baby off on your sister. yes, she is family but you cannot use that against her. i would be IRATE if i had to watch a baby for nothing - family or not. if you are in such a bad situation with money, call around to see about day care though low income familys. good luck.
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 4:27 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I would write my sister a letter. I would tell her how much you appreciate the fact that she helps you out and how much it means to you that you don't have to send your child to a daycare center,especially one for low income families,I used to work in one,you don't even want to know! I would tell her that you would be lost without her and that maybe you don't show it everyday but you do indeed love her and are thankful for her and if ever she would need you to return the favor all she has to do is ask. I would also tell her that you feel she resents you or looks down on you and that worries you. I would also tell her that if she is truly unhappy babysitting that all she has to do is say so and you will make other arrangements so that your relationship with her does not continue to suffer. Sometimes just hearing you are appreciated makes all the difference!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:04 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• well see the dad isnt involved and i work at nite so i am home every day and she only babysits for like 3-8 hour depending on my shift and yes i am in that bad of a financial situation that i cant even afford to buy myself food im on food stamps. plus i give my mom all the extra money i have for gas just to go back and forth to work cause i have no car at the moment.
    jaces_mom

Answer by jaces_mom at 10:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2008