How to lose the weight I gained from both of my kids?

Everyone tells me that I look great. I love it and I am glad everyone likes how I look, but I don't like the way I look. I want to lose the weight for me, not everyone else. Now I don't want to be stick thin, but I want to lose the weight. I need a way to lose weight that doesn't require diet pills or expensive training videous. I can't afford a gym membership and I need foods I can fix and a workout that isn't too hard to stick with bc I am a working mom and my kids are small, so they require alot of attention and time. I know that everyone has had this and I really need your help. I need to lose about 60 pounds. Any suggestions? All help is VERY VERY VERYappreciated.

hoosier.mom88

Asked by hoosier.mom88 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I joined Weight Watchers and LOVE IT! I have lost about 30 pounds and have more to lose. I love that I can still eat most foods in moderation and I have learned more about my eating habits.
    NHGal

Answer by NHGal at 5:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• i cant tell u from experience yet. but walking, drinking water and monitoring portions has helped me so far
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 5:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Youtube has bellydancing instructional videos ont here for free (and they're super fun!) Walking is something you can do with your kids that will help get into shape. Can you buy a cheap set of 2 or 3 pound dumbbells? There are a million exercises you can do with those, and you can find instructions for them on google.

As far as what to eat, just do your best. Make meals that center on veggies instead of meat. Make use of the slow cooker. Snack on apples or carrots or whatever fruit or vegetable you like. Don't eat after 9:00 and don't eat if you're not hungry. Ask yourself every time you get the urge to eat "Am I really hungry? How do I feel right now?" Usually, for me, the answer is no, I'm bored, I'm tired, or I'm thirsty (the thirst signal is very often confused with the hungry signal in humans for some reason). And eat foods that are as whole as possible.

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Eat less, move more. Get active! Watch what you put in your mouth, drinks and gum included.

sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 10:57 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Thanks everybody. I just have to keep reminding myself to stick with it. *oh and I did go get some 3lb dumbells, thanx.* Keep the tips coming though, the more knowledge the better.
    hoosier.mom88

Comment by hoosier.mom88 (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2010