Do you think people would be more respectful in their anon answers if...

After so many down votes their anon status was revoked? Not meaning they can't use it any more, but meaning who they are for THAT question was visible. It seems to me I see more "collapsed" anon answers than anything else. So what if after 5 or 6 down votes their name became visible? You think it would stop anyone from posting nasty answers?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 5:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in About CafeMom

• No
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• All the more reason to do it then! lol... Cause honestly, I think some of them post anon just to ruffle feathers and then post with their real answer under their real name...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 5:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Only way that is going to stop is if people quit posting controversal questions or questions that are considered stupid oh and if women were't allowed to be on this site lol. Women are catty creatures. lol Best defence it to ignore
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I've never seen the purpose of anon answers or questions for that matter. If you are going to be a bitch, at least let us know who you are.
    NHGal

Answer by NHGal at 5:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• There we go, lets just ban all women! lol

I know it wouldn't stop it, but sometimes it would be nice just to see who is really that stupid. I mean, the last one I saw wasn't even on a controversial or stupid question, it was an honest question and some anon had to go on and post something completely off the wall... I really think it was most likely a man, but I can't prove it of course...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I LOVE the idea of making their name visible after 6 vote downs! How do we implement that?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• i doubt it would do ne good. my mom always taught me if u dont have nething nice to say, then dont say nething at all. and i still try to live by that. if i think its a stupid question, i just dont answer.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 5:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Me personally.

Nah I wouldn't like that. Not due to myself and my answers though. LOL
    But here's why. I have seen some answers get voted down that I can understand why they were written anon. Answers about issues like: abortion, usually entailing having one, issues about cheating, open marriages, sexual fantasies, sexual fetishes...etc.. Perfectly legit answers that attacked no one, weren't rude.etc..the answers were voted down just because someone did not agree with issue itself, on top of no agreeing with the answers.

If voted down anon answers were to become "exposed " answers (meaning the screen named exposed) due to vote downs.Women in the above scenerios would be exposed, just as someone who was just being an ass would.

For me personally.I can't agree with "punishing" all for the actions of the few. Having someone "exposed" just because their answers were voted down, would be a form of punishment to me
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I guess that's why I was saying only do it to those with a large number of down votes though... Not everyone that's is voted down, but I see your point...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Not really. I think we would just get people with multiple IDs and have more trolls.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:16 PM on Oct. 16, 2010