Why do you ask for advice on here??

And then jump all over those helping you and being rude when they offer you advice? This is a MOM's group....we are adults, right???
I am not aiming this to all of you....the ones who do this, know who they are.

luvmy4kidsinAL

Asked by luvmy4kidsinAL at 6:00 PM on Oct. 16, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I think many times people don't have anywhere else to go for answers, this is for many people the only socialization they get. And when someone honestly is looking for advice the rudeness is simply not needed. I don't generally ask for advice, frankly not to many on here would give me advice I would listen to anyways. But even I am upset by some of the nasty responses I see, there is simply no need. I mean, if you wouldn't talk to a complete stranger like that IRL, don't do it online.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I agree. I see lots of questions and I try to answer ones that I feel I MAY have some kind of advice to help, but getting all rude about it is so uncalled for. They apparently need more help than we can offer them here.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Comment by luvmy4kidsinAL (original poster) at 6:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I honestly think people do not always realise they are being rude. I can think of a number of occasions where the person did not understand the intent of my response and pulled out a single phrase got all worked up and said I was being rude. Othertimes though I feel people are looking for justification of their actions and when you do not recieve it sometimes it can be a difficult thing to deal with.
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 6:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• But sometimes it irks me when I ask for advice and the person that gives me an answer don't read my post all the way and give an inappropriate answer
    lovelypisces

Answer by lovelypisces at 6:41 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Why do you get so worked up about people on a public forum?
    We're adults here, we can ignore those that we don't agree with. This includes YOU.
    If you want others to be the bigger person then lead by example and ignore what you don't like.
    It's a public forum filled with thousands of women of different backgrounds, personalities, etc.
    Not everyone handles things the same way and you're bound to have some conflict. Just ignore it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:16 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• some people ask for advice and never listen to or act upon the advice given to them! but if someone keeps coming back with the SAMe qns it's time to stop answering them!
    Sj12

Answer by Sj12 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• The ones who do it don't care what you think and will continue to do it. There's the rub. The rational people this would appeal to would never do that in the first place.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 12:56 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• We're women, we're passionate and misunderstanding one thing can be detrimental...lol
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 3:05 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I am not sure why
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 5:39 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Some people only like it when you agree with them. That's really what they are looking for, you're agreement, not honesty.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 18, 2010